Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Deep Sky Sessions are Better Than Star Trek, But I Still Watch the Re-runs.

An interesting discussion ensued this morning at the gym—right out of the blue.  One of the guys wanted to know what I look at through the lens of a telescope.  I told him that it depended on what I was looking for.  I told him star gazers like myself generally have a plan of attack along with (possibly) the right equipment for the looking session.

But, this guy had no idea what I was talking about or leading to, he was just looking to jerk me around because I liked my little hobby within my eCommerce business of marketing recreational optics.  Two nights ago, the last time the sky was clear, I told him I was seeking to find and photograph an emission nebulae with a Refractor because we were too close to city light pollution to use a less complex devise. 

Imagine that, I lost him on all of this, but I did invite him to join my the next time it stops raining to see what it was I was actually doing.  Guess what, the forecast tomorrow is for partly cloudy skies and he’s coming over.  Let’s see if I turned him into a believer or not.

Has that ever happened to you?

Pop Optics

No comments:

Post a Comment