Friday, August 26, 2011

Can You See Through the Forecast With a Telescope or Binoculars

There has been a lot of days of build up to this upcoming hurricane on the east coast, and for the past two, thats all there has been on the news and cable talking heads.  It seems to me that it was only the 90's when the last one came up the cost, and after it hit North Carolina, it disappeared from the news, though it brought lots of rain and some flooding a lot further north, as I recall. 

Since the advent of television, there has been a lot more pre-coverage of storms coming up the coast than before Katrina hit a few years ago.  I'm just focusing through my binoculars at the evening sky just to see if there are moving winds to the east, because over the many reportings, it has been my experience that the threat was really not there.  So today's rambling is merely one of not believing as much in the constant reporting on TV. 

I'll do the usual, and make sure I have batteries, water, gas in the truck, a full tank of propane, and then watch the Sox sweep the A's over the weekend.

Here's to not waiting for the inevitable..

Your Pop Optics



No comments:

Post a Comment