Friday, August 19, 2011

Optics For The Newcomer--Teaching Kids Old and Young

Hi!
I'm the telescope blogger open to discussion and comments.  This is the first day on the job and my focus will be provide and listen to experiences in teaching and their application to  research and experiences in optics used for outdoor recreation.


My family and my classrooms have and will continue to be a lab for me as I expand my own knowledge of the subject.  Yes, I too am a newcomer, (somewhat) to the subject, but I have always enjoyed star gazing with the telescope, and binoculars for limited bird watching.  I've expanded my interest over the past year, when watching my grandsons, at dusk, gazing at the heavens from their back yard.  Now, while they are both a little young for it, parents are both willing and ready to dive into a teachable moment for those two boys.  Hey, it was sufficiently enlightening for me to dive in as well, to the business of marketing recreational optics including telescopes, binoculars, monoculars, and night vision googles.


So join me on this journey into the realm and add your thoughts and comments below or directly to me at the Telescope Blogger's email:  OpticBlogger@gmail.com.  I look forward to sharing once again next time.


Bob Baruch
The Telescope Blogger





No comments:

Post a Comment